- 13 February 2007
- Risk Impact:
- Systems Affected:
When this program is running, it causes the cursor to move randomly.
The cursor moves by itself.
Has to be manually executed.
Antivirus Protection Dates
- Initial Rapid Release version 02 October 2014 revision 022
- Latest Rapid Release version 18 July 2019 revision 023
- Initial Daily Certified version 29 December 2003
- Latest Daily Certified version 19 July 2019 revision 002
- Initial Weekly Certified release date 31 December 2003
Click here for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.
Joke.MoveMouse comes as an executable file. When this executable file is executed, the mouse will move randomly.
The following instructions pertain to all Symantec antivirus products that support Security Risk detection.
- Update the definitions.
- Run a full system scan and delete all the files detected as Joke.MoveMouse.
1. Updating the definitions
To obtain the most recent definitions, start your Symantec program and run LiveUpdate.
2. Scanning for and deleting the files
- Start your Symantec antivirus program and run a full system scan.
- If any files are detected as Joke.MoveMouse, click Delete.
Note: If your Symantec antivirus product reports that it cannot delete a detected file, write down the path and file name. Then use Windows Explorer to locate and delete the file.