- 13 February 2007
- Risk Impact:
- File Names:
- Systems Affected:
When Joke.Stupid.D is executed, it displays a message in French.
The presence of a window containing a message in French, with the window titled "Apoil."
This joke program consists of one file that must be manually executed.
Antivirus Protection Dates
- Initial Rapid Release version 02 October 2014 revision 022
- Latest Rapid Release version 01 February 2015 revision 020
- Initial Daily Certified version 18 August 2003
- Latest Daily Certified version 30 December 2008 revision 004
- Initial Weekly Certified release date 18 August 2003
Click here for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.
Joke.Stupid.D is a joke program that displays a message in French.
The window will appear as follows:
Title : A Poil
Message : Clic pour voir une femme a poil
Translated into English, this means the following.
Title : To be naked
Message : Click to see a woman naked
When you attempt to click the button, the button moves so you cannot click it. The only thing you can do is close the window.
- Update the virus definitions.
- Run a full system scan and delete all the files detected as Joke.Stupid.D.
1. Updating the virus definitions
Symantec Security Response fully tests all the virus definitions for quality assurance before they are posted to our servers. There are two ways to obtain the most recent virus definitions:
- Running LiveUpdate, which is the easiest way to obtain virus definitions: These virus definitions are posted to the LiveUpdate servers once each week (usually on Wednesdays), unless there is a major virus outbreak. To determine whether definitions for this threat are available by LiveUpdate, refer to the Virus Definitions (LiveUpdate).
- Downloading the definitions using the Intelligent Updater: The Intelligent Updater virus definitions are posted on U.S. business days (Monday through Friday). You should download the definitions from the Symantec Security Response Web site and manually install them. To determine whether definitions for this threat are available by the Intelligent Updater, refer to the Virus Definitions (Intelligent Updater).
The Intelligent Updater virus definitions are available: Read "How to update virus definition files using the Intelligent Updater" for detailed instructions.
2. Scanning for and deleting the infected files
- Start Norton AntiVirus and make sure that it is configured to scan all the files. For more information, read the document, "How to configure Norton AntiVirus to scan all files."
- Run a full system scan.
- If any files are detected as infected with Joke.Stupid.D, click Delete.