- 13 February 2007
- Risk Impact:
- Systems Affected:
SecurityRisk.ClubPoker downloads and runs an executable from www.thepokerclub.com, without a user's consent.
The files are detected as SecurityRisk.ClubPoker.
Antivirus Protection Dates
- Initial Rapid Release version 02 October 2014 revision 022
- Latest Rapid Release version 01 February 2015 revision 020
- Initial Daily Certified version 16 October 2003
- Latest Daily Certified version 26 January 2015 revision 023
- Initial Weekly Certified release date 22 October 2003
Click here for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.
When SecurityRisk.ClubPoker is executed, it performs the following actions:
- Sends an FTP request to www.thepokerclub.com for the PokerClubClientSilent.exe file.
- Attempts to download and run the executable file.
Note: Since SecurityRisk.ClubPoker does so without a user's consent, it constitutes a security risk.
Note: Removing this adware component from the system will likely cause the program that installed it to not function as intended. The uninstaller generally identifies the programs that will not work after uninstallation.
- Update the virus definitions.
- Run a full system scan and delete all the files detected as SecurityRisk.ClubPoker.
1. Updating the virus definitions
Symantec Security Response fully tests all the virus definitions for quality assurance before they are posted to our servers. There are two ways to obtain the most recent virus definitions:
- Running LiveUpdate, which is the easiest way to obtain virus definitions: These virus definitions are posted to the LiveUpdate servers once each week (usually on Wednesdays), unless there is a major virus outbreak. To determine whether definitions for this threat are available by LiveUpdate, refer to the Virus Definitions (LiveUpdate).
- Downloading the definitions using the Intelligent Updater: The Intelligent Updater virus definitions are posted on U.S. business days (Monday through Friday). You should download the definitions from the Symantec Security Response Web site and manually install them. To determine whether definitions for this threat are available by the Intelligent Updater, refer to the Virus Definitions (Intelligent Updater).
The Intelligent Updater virus definitions are available: Read "How to update virus definition files using the Intelligent Updater" for detailed instructions.
2. Scanning for and deleting the infected files
- Start Norton AntiVirus and make sure that it is configured to scan all the files. For more information, read the document, "How to configure Norton AntiVirus to scan all files."
- Run a full system scan.
- If any files are detected as infected with SecurityRisk.ClubPoker, click Delete.