- 13 February 2007
- Risk Impact:
- Systems Affected:
Packed.Dialer is a generic detection for dialer programs that have been processed with software packers.
Your Symantec product detects a file as Packed.Dialer.
Antivirus Protection Dates
- Initial Rapid Release version 15 November 2004
- Latest Rapid Release version 09 February 2009 revision 024
- Initial Daily Certified version 15 November 2004
- Latest Daily Certified version 09 February 2009 revision 023
- Initial Weekly Certified release date 17 November 2004
Click here for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.
Packed.Dialer is a generic detection for dialer programs that have been compressed using software packers. Software that has been packed is often reduced in terms of file size and must be unpacked before the original file can be executed. The unpacking procedure is performed by a decrypting loader that decompresses the original file before executing it.
Submit samples detected as Packed.Dialer to Symantec Security Response so that these packed dialer and variants can be identified and assigned specific names.
Then, we can analyze them and provide more information about their nature.
For instructions on how to do this using Scan and Deliver, read How to submit a file to Symantec Security Response using Scan and Deliver .