- 13 February 2007
- Risk Impact:
- File Names:
- Systems Affected:
Dialer.MovieFile is a dialer that installs software that downloads movies over the Internet. After confirmation of the charges, it accesses a 900 number and downloads its files.
The charge is $35 for a 30-day subscription.
The files are detected as Dialer.MovieFile.
- RAS (dial up) connection to MediaCharger.com.
- Continuous attempts to access the Internet.
Most likely from an adware site.
Antivirus Protection Dates
- Initial Rapid Release version 02 October 2014 revision 022
- Latest Rapid Release version 01 February 2015 revision 020
- Initial Daily Certified version 10 November 2003
- Latest Daily Certified version 28 September 2010 revision 036
- Initial Weekly Certified release date 12 November 2003
Click here for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.
When Dialer.MovieFile runs, it performs the following:
- Attempts to display a confirmation of charges, terms, and conditions. However, this does not always work as designed.
- Attempts to load software that downloads movies over the Internet at a cost of $35 per month and charged as a 900 service access.
- This dialer copies itself to the Program Files folder. It does not create the registry keys, and there is no uninstaller available.
The following instructions pertain to all Symantec antivirus products that support Security Risk detection.
- Update the definitions.
- Close modem connections.
- Run a full system scan and delete all the files detected as Dialer.MovieFile.
For specific details on each of these steps, read the following instructions.
1. Updating the definitions
To obtain the most recent definitions, start your Symantec program and run LiveUpdate.
2. To close modem connections
This risk uses available modems to create an Internet connection, sometimes without any visible signs. In order to successfully remove this threat, ensure that all modem-based Internet connections are disconnected before proceeding. For instructions on how to do this, consult the appropriate Internet service provider, computer manufacturer, or operating system documentation.
3. Scanning for and deleting the files
- Start Norton AntiVirus and make sure that it is configured to scan all the files. For more information, read the document, "How to configure Norton AntiVirus to scan all files."
- Run a full system scan.
- If any files are detected as Dialer.MovieFile, click Delete.