- 22 October 2001
- 13 February 2007
Netbus.Patcher is designed to patch the Netbus Trojan horse program in an attempt to bypass detection by antivirus software.
Antivirus Protection Dates
- Initial Rapid Release version 23 October 2001
- Latest Rapid Release version 20 August 2008 revision 017
- Initial Daily Certified version 23 October 2001
- Latest Daily Certified version 20 August 2008 revision 016
- Initial Weekly Certified release date pending
Click here for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.
Run LiveUpdate to make sure that you have the most recent virus definitions.
- Start Norton AntiVirus (NAV), and make sure that NAV is configured to scan all files. For instructions on how to do this, read the document How to configure Norton AntiVirus to scan all files.
- Run a full system scan.
- Delete all files that are detected as Netbus.Patcher.